The Mission of GCVSI is to take research-based health information, healthcare services, plus socio-economic support programs to the doorsteps of the aging and vulnerable population (pregnant women, children under five, and homeless people in communities amongst low-income families. Conduct research aimed at redirecting government policies towards forgotten and abandoned existing realities, focusing on stimulating positive health-seeking behaviors of the underserved, utilizing the principle of Population Health Service (PHS) and Implementation Science in restoring social justice and strengthening the human rights of our thematic population.
To achieve its goals, GCVSI will pursue the following objectives:
- Influence increased investment in health and social policies by governments, intergovernmental and international development partners, and other relevant stakeholders;
- Support governments in developing health and social policies and practices that result in more significant equity in health and social outcomes between members of society;
- Improvements in policy and practice of organizations and sectors that influence the determinants of health and social outcomes of populations;
- Strong alliances and partnerships among all sectors based on agreed ethical principles, mutual understanding, and respect;
- Activities that contribute to the development, translation, and exchange of knowledge and practice that advance the field of health and socio-economic enhancements of people;
- The wide dissemination of knowledge to health and social practitioners as well as policymakers, government officials, and other key individuals and organizations;
- A potent and universally accessible knowledge base for effective, quality health promotion using implementation science;
- Improved mechanisms for the exchange of ideas, experience, and knowledge that promote health and socio-economic wellbeing;
- Support national, regional, and global efforts in closing the gaps in critical developmental issues which will enhance greater collaboration; and
- Capacity-building opportunities for individuals and institutions to better carry out health promotion and project intervention initiatives and advocacy efforts.
The GCVSI aims to achieve the following goals:
- Greater equity in the health and social inclusion of all age groups in a given population;
- Effective collaboration and partnerships to produce optimal and equitable health and social outcomes;
- Improving accessible, evidence-based knowledge and practical experience in health and social inclusion of the underserved population through health promotion, disease prevention, and direct provision of healthcare services, including medications;
- Excellence in policy and practice for effective, quality health and social inclusion programs;
- High-capacity levels in individuals, organizations and policymakers to undertake and develop health and social inclusion activities.
GCVSI’s core mission lies in taking researched-based health information, healthcare services and making socio-economic case for equitable promotion, development, and implementation of an effective health and socio-economic policies. Our focus is to provide, influence, and facilitate health promotion knowledge, disease prevention strategies, and project implementation. Advocacy is one of the central strategies of GCVSI to accomplish its mission by influencing communities, governments, and the larger society to act.
In pursuing our vision and mission, GCVSI maintains a set of strategic documents that set out the goals and objectives and the means utilized to achieve them.